Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Internet or TV?

Thanksgiving Eve and I am really excited because it means I am off tomorrow more than anything.

What to do! What to do! 

I mean who am I kidding. I got a whole lot of things to do tomorrow. But I have roughly five (5) hours tonight after the baby goes to bed for me. 

But before I know it I already found myself browsing into twitter, reading news around the world online, catching family and friends news via facebook. Wow!  I didn't really plan that and yet I find it really relaxing and enjoyable.

And then I thought to myself...How many of us would be in the internet and how many of us are on TV? Ten years ago I would have been reading a book and five years ago I was definitely watching TV mostly dvds and lds.  I know you will probably say how about all the other things we do like spending time with family, out partying or the gym.

I am just curious between the two,  are we slowly replacing our TV with the Internet or is that just me?

Some interesting statistics about the internet penetration all over the world: Internet World Stats

1 comment:

  1. TV is about controlled programming while the internet is more of a user experience where you want it and when you want it. The broadcasting networks know this and thus have expanded their coverage to include the internet as a medium of distribution. So it's the internet for me.

    My two cents.

    ReplyDelete